The Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining all official records of the Township including ordinances, resolutions, contracts and correspondence. As a voting member of the Board of Trustees, the Clerk also prepares and maintains Board minutes and agendas Administering elections in the Township, is an ongoing responsibility, which includes conducting voter registrations, maintaining the Michigan Qualified Voter File, issuing absentee ballots and providing other voter assistance as necessary.
Other responsibilities of the Clerk include acting as the Township’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Coordinator, managing the Township cemeteries, including selling lots and arranging for the installation of foundations and marking out proper burial locations for both Rose and Pleasant Hill Cemeteries.
Elections & Voting
Peddlers & Solicitors
Bath Charter Township has several members on staff who are notaries.
Hours: 8 00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
A notary public is an officer commissioned by the Michigan Secretary of State to serve as an unbiased and impartial witness. The most common function of the notary is to prevent fraud by attesting to the identity of a person signing a document.
Notarization on a document certifies that the person whose signature is entered on the document personally appeared before the notary, established his or her identity, and personally signed the document in the presence of the notary.
To have your documents notarized:
- Valid photo identification is required.
- The document to be notarized must be signed in front of the Notary.
- We offer this service free of charge.
If you ever have questions regarding solicitors and peddlers, or to see if there is a permit on file for someone that comes to your door, please feel free to contact the Clerk’s Office or the Bath Township Police Department.
Solicitors/peddlers must apply for and receive a permit through the Bath Charter Township Clerk’s office. As a part of that permit process, individuals may be required to submit fingerprints and a criminal background check is conducted.
Peddling, soliciting or vending may take place within the Township only between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Solicitors and peddlers with permits are prohibited from:
- Threatening or annoying residents or in any way engaging in conduct which is or would tend to create a nuisance,
- Engaging in business without carrying the license issued.
- Conducting in business within any Township park or upon any property owned or controlled by the Township without specific approval of the Township Board.
- Obstructing any street, alley, sidewalk, driveway or other place.
- Entering the premises of a private residence to solicit or peddle when the occupant has displayed a “no soliciting”, “no peddlers”, “no solicitors”, “no salesperson,” “no trespassing” or similar sign on the premises.
Brenda Butler-Challender, Acting Clerk
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Bath Charter Township
14480 Webster Road
P.O. Box 247
Bath, Michigan 48808
Phone: (517) 641-6728
Fax: (517) 641-4170
There is a secure, 24-hour drop box located next the Township Office entrance that may be used for any township business.