The Bath Charter Township Fire Department has openings for volunteer firefighters. These are paid “on-call” positions available to local residents who are able to quickly respond to our service area of Bath Charter Township.
All training and equipment provided.
All candidates will have to complete an application form in order to be considered for the position and you must be at least 18 years old to apply.
Applications are available at the link below, or at the Bath Charter Township Offices at 14480 Webster Road, Bath, Ml 48808, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. All applicants must print and sign the Release of Information form in the presence of a notary.
The Bath Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS – Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have reached 21st birthday at time of appointment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a minimum Associate’s Degree
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, physical examination, psychological examination and drug screening test
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer
- Must be either certified or certifiable as a police officer by M.C.O.L.E.S. before employment
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Starting base salary of $55,670
- PHP Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vision/Dental/Medical Reimbursement
- Delta Dental for employee’s children
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Longevity Pay
- $50,000 employer-paid Life Insurance
- Education bonuses
- Physical fitness bonuses
- MERS Defined Benefit B-4 Retirement Plan F55(20), E-2 COLA
*New employees having prior law enforcement experience may be given seniority for
pay purposes only, which in the judgment of the Police Chief, properly reflects said
employee’s value to Bath Charter Township.
*See the current CBA agreement between the Bath Charter Township Board of
Trustees and the Police Officers Labor Council for specific pay/benefits.
APPLICATIONS: Applications can be obtained at the Bath Township Police Department, located at 14480 Webster Road, Bath MI 48808, or a PDF can be accessed here.
Applications and resume must be submitted in-person. A one-hour handwriting sample will need to be completed at the time the application is submitted. Application drop off hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30 am and 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
Lt. Matt Mardigian
14480 Webster Road
PO Box 247
Bath, MI 48808
Karen Hildebrant, Superintendent
Tayler Reeves-Hodge, Deputy Superintendent
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Bath Charter Township
14480 Webster Road
P.O. Box 247
Bath, Michigan 48808
Phone: (517) 641-6728
Fax: (517) 641-4170
There is a secure, 24-hour drop box located next the Township Office entrance that may be used for any Township business.