The Bath Township Police Department is currently accepting applications and resumes from qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS – Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have reached 21st birthday at time of appointment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a minimum Associate’s Degree
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, physical examination, psychological examination and drug screening test
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer
- Must be either certified or certifiable as a police officer by M.C.O.L.E.S. before employment
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Starting base pay $53,791
- PHP Health Insurance
- Optical Insurance
- Optical/Dental/Medical Reimbursement
- Delta Dental for employees’ minor children
- Short/Long Term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
- Longevity Pay
- $50,000 employer paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Education bonuses
- Physical fitness bonuses
- MERS Defined Benefit B-4 Retirement Plan F55(20), E-2 Cola.
- *New employees having prior law enforcement experience may be given seniority for pay purposes only, which in the judgment of the Police Chief, properly reflects said employee’s value to Bath Charter Township.
**************Lateral Transfers from other agencies, will be considered***************
*See the current CBA agreement between the Bath Charter Township Board of Trustees and the Police Officers Labor Council for specific pay/benefits.
Applications can be obtained at the Bath Township Police Department and the Bath Township Administrative Office located at 14480 Webster Road, Bath MI 48808. Applications are also available online here.
Applications and Resume must be submitted with a handwriting sample. The sample form is included with the application packet and must be filled out in your own handwriting.
Questions and applications can be submitted to:
Lt. Gary Smith
Bath Township Police Department
14480 Webster Rd
PO BOX 247
Bath, MI 48808
Ph: (517) 641-6271
Bath Charter Township is hiring for the part-time dishwasher position at the Bath Senior Center.
This position maintains all dishes, pots, pans, trays, kitchen, work areas, equipment and utensils in orderly and sanitary condition.
Part-time position requiring three (3) hours per day, three (3) days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except national holidays). Shift is 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (approximately). Must be dependable and have reliable transportation. $12.00 per hour. Opportunity to fill in for Assistant Cook as needed with training.
Please send completed application form to Tayler Reeves-Hodge, 14480 Webster Rd., PO Box 247, Bath, MI 48808 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled. No phone calls please.
The Bath Charter Township Fire Department has openings for volunteer firefighters. These are paid “on-call” positions available to local residents who are able to quickly respond to our service area of Bath Charter Township.
All training and equipment provided.
All candidates will have to complete an application form in order to be considered for the position and you must be at least 18 years old to apply.
Applications are available at the link below, or at Bath Charter Township Offices at 14480 Webster Road, Bath, Ml 48808, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. All applicants must print and sign the Release of Information form in the presence of a notary.
Karen Hildebrant, Superintendent
Tayler Reeves-Hodge, Deputy Superintendent
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Bath Charter Township
14480 Webster Road
P.O. Box 247
Bath, Michigan 48808
Phone: (517) 641-6728
Fax: (517) 641-4170
There is a secure, 24-hour drop box located next the Township Office entrance that may be used for any township business.