Current Programs & Events
Adult Fitness & Activities
Family & General Interest
Youth Activities & Sports
Township Offices are open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bath Charter Township
14480 Webster Road
P.O. Box 247
Bath, Michigan 48808
Phone: (517) 641-6728
Direct Line: (517) 641-5167
CANCELLATION LINE: (517) 641-5168
Fax: (517) 641-4170
There is a secure, 24-hour drop box located next to the Township Office entrance that may be used for any township business.
To receive quarterly updates on Parks & Recreation programs, please send your request to be added to the parent email group to the Parks & Recreation Department.
Parks & Recreation Mission Statement
To provide educational programs, recreational activities, community facilities and quality parks for the enrichment of Bath Township residents.
The Parks & Recreation Plan 2018-2022 was adopted by the Board of Trustees on February 20, 2018.
To be considered for a volunteer coaching position, complete the coaching application and return it to Director Becky Goodwin.
If you are being considered for a coaching position, you will be asked to:
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license for a background check if you have not coached in the past 12 months for Bath Township Parks & Recreation.
- Take the CDC Heads Up! Concussion Training in Youth Sports for coaches (if you have not already done this.)
- Submit a copy of the CDC Heads Up in Concussion Training for Youth Coaches Certificate indicating you have passed the 35 minute online training (unless you already have one on file with our office).
- Read, sign and return the Coaches Code of Ethics Pledge.
This handbook is presented to serve as a reference, so that you may understand the philosophies and guidelines regarding the youth programs and allow you to do your part to help make the Bath Charter Township programs a success.
Coaches (Pages 9-19)
Participants (Pages 20-23)
Parents (Pages 24-28)
SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
It is believed that through these tough economic times, some children are not participating in after school activities due to a lack of funds. As a caring community, Bath Township Parks & Recreation wants to assist families who are struggling and afford the children in these families the opportunity to participate in parks and recreation programs.
For the past 12 months, we have been working to raise money to support a youth Scholarship Assistance Program (SAP).
Qualifications are as follows:
- Ages 4-18, and
- At least 1 parent must reside in Bath Charter Township, or
- Registrant must be a Bath School student (School of Choice counts as a resident), or
- You must participate in the Bath Schools free/reduced lunch program, or
- Carry a Bridge Card, or Medicaid Card with the child’s name on it.
Uniforms will not be a covered expense through the SAP program, only registration fees. If the participant needs a reversible jersey they may be required to purchase one for $20.00 if a used jersey is not available.
Please understand that not all offerings qualify for scholarship funding.
Scholarship applications are available at the Bath Township Offices.
Money raised through events offered, a donation canister, public and private assistance, and a letter and grant writing campaign, have all played a role in establishing this fund. If you or your business would be interested in donating to the youth Scholarship Assistance Program fund, please contact Director Becky Goodwin. No donation is too small.
Bath Township Parks & Recreation would like to thank and recognize the Joe D. Pentecost Foundation for their substantial donation in 2012 to provide the seed for the youth Scholarship Assistance Program fund.
Volunteers are always needed for Bath Township Parks & Recreation programs, such as Truck or Treat, Buck Pole, the Easter Bunny Event, etc.
If you are interested, please contact Director Becky Goodwin.