Cemetery Rules & Regulations
It is important that all cemetery rules and regulations be followed in order for the Township to properly maintain our cemeteries and to avoid damage to flowers, decorations, and other items. Violation tags will be placed on graves not in compliance with any rules or regulations and will be allowed 30 days to correct the violation. After this time, the Township reserves the right to remove, and dispose of, without notice to the owner any unsightly, deteriorated, neglected, or prohibited items except monuments or markers.
• Grave blankets and other types of winter decorations shall be removed by April 15, 2023.
• Artificial flowers, shrubs, or similar ornamentation shall not be placed on the ground between April 15 and October 15. Artificial flowers may be placed in an urn if they are properly secured.
• Urns must be placed in line with the headstone or placed directly back of the headstone as close as possible.
• Flowers may be planted only within 12 inches of the front of the monument or marker and under no circumstances will such planting be allowed outside the boundaries of the owner’s burial space(s).
• The use of glass, plastic or clay containers is prohibited.
• The use of stone, limestone, woodchips, mulch, etc. is prohibited.
• Structures of wood or other equally perishable materials, fences, curbs, hedges, and copings are prohibited.
• Chairs, settees, and benches on lots are prohibited.
• The planting of trees and shrubbery shall be done only after approval of cemetery staff as to species, variety, location, and time of planting.
The Township assumes no responsibility for damage to markers or monuments whatsoever, including regular cemetery maintenance. The full Cemetery Rules & Regulations can be viewed on the Cemetery webpage.